We love getting messages from you, Wanderers. It gives our lives meaning in between episodes of stuff we like, and while we’re waiting for new films and books to come out. Thanks for all your emails, tweets and comments. Please keep them coming, and we’ll continue to share some of them with you in each issue! Don’t forget, you can:
- email us at email@example.com
- tweet us at @FandomWanderers
- get in touch via our Facebook page
- comment at the bottom of our articles
Here’s what you’ve been saying since we published Issue Seventeen.
What we’ve been talking about on Twitter:
- We asked if you’d ever stayed in a fandom when you’d fallen out of love with the thing it celebrated. @masqueblanc admitted to, though still being part of the ‘Art of Neighbours‘ Facebook group, not having seen an episode in a while. Meanwhile, @Roleves admitted to a little boredom waiting for new episodes of Sherlock, but is confident that the new series will (when it arrives!) fix that.
- @Sherlock_DE thanked us for writing our article on sending fanmail, and for calling you Wanderers special. You are special!
- We weren’t really feeling Monday, you know? So we asked which fictional world you’d like to escape the whole day to. @Sherlock_DE opted for tea with Mrs Hudson at 221B Baker Street, and @SheMsBluebell decided to go too. Meanwhile, @roxie150 wanted to go to Narnia – post-witch, for Christmas – and @pink_alchimie decided to use the Shire as a base of operations for some adventuring! @werepuppy wanted to go to Ankh Morpork, and @masqueblanc decided Pemberley was the perfect getaway location, though we suspect the owner might have been a major consideration in that decision… @RyuNoYoake picked Holmes’ bed – since he was unlikely to be in it.
- We couldn’t just ignore Valentine’s Day, so we asked you which fictional character you’d take on a date. @Lauren_Gallaway picked the Doctor – either taking Ten to a glittery diamond planet or Eleven to a planet of cute animals. @Sherlock_DE picked Sherlock for sulking and pizza, and @NatalyJones couldn’t pick between Ziggy Stardust and Martin Crieff – although both were sure to be adorably awkward. @Masqueblanc wanted to hang out with Fitz Williams from The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, though we fear he may be taken… and @roxie150 picked Marauder-era Sirius Black, though with the caveat that this wouldn’t apply if he turned out to be as arrogant as the fandom think he was at that age.
- We offered Twitter shoutouts to anyone who told us what they liked most about Fandom Wanderers – we’re allowed to ask for ego boosts now and then, shush. @Sherlock_DE complimented our reflective articles, @pink_alchimie likes our purple background and our views on fandom, and @littlelammers thanked us for being one of their first followers. Aww, thanks, Wanderers!
So, if you’re not following @FandomWanderers you’re missing out on some good gossip!