We love hearing from you, Wanderers – thanks for all your emails, tweets and comments. Please keep them coming, and we’ll continue to share some of them with you! Don’t forget, you can:
- email us at email@example.com
- tweet us at @FandomWanderers
- get in touch via our Facebook page
- comment at the bottom of our articles or use the form on our Contact page
Here’s what you’ve been saying since we published Issue Twenty-Three.
I saw The Bodyguard when I was 9 or 10 years old and it left a deep impression. Whitney Houston’s vocals were amazing in this film! Fast forward to the 21st century, I have both dvd and the original ost. Some romance films (however conventional and fairy tale like they may be) are timeless classics and I would park Pretty Woman right beside this.
Aequus on ‘Not On My Shift: The Bodyguard‘
Thank you very much, I’m glad to hear from a fellow fan. I have to say that ‘Pretty Woman’ is also one of my all time favourite films. Perhaps, it needs a review too in order to share the love?
I always die a little inside when one of my series ends : (
Lucy Aschmoneit on ‘Lifecycle of a Fandom: Part Four – Cancellation‘ (via Facebook)
It’s a bit heartbreaking. I’m so not over Merlin yet…
What we’ve been talking about on Twitter:
- We asked for your favourite romantic films. @AwkCelebEncounters proposed The Terminator, as a sort of gothic love story. Clever!
- @madmaninbedlam kindly linked us to one of our articles featured in Bedlam fanzine, which Adam Lambert fans might like to check out.
- @WickedMyst pointed out that one of the many ways fandom deals with the end of its canon is through bitter tears and ugly sobbing. This is very true.
- Thanks to everyone who gave us an #FF or a retweet this fortnight. We appreciate it!
So, if you’re not following @FandomWanderers you’re missing out on some good gossip!